This morning I woke a little twitchy, the day I had been waiting for has eventually arrived.
It was last Christmas that I started to decided which of our specials we should enter into the Guild of Fine Food Great Taste Awards, I submitted the entries in January and we prepared, packaged and delivered them in March.
Then we waited.
Until 10am today.
We are now very excited to announce that this year we have won a whopping THREE Awards!
Great Taste Award – Number 1
Come and make your own on Introduction To Pickles & Preserves Wednesday 30th August, 10am – 3.30pm
Great Taste Award – Number 2
Second, for our Cranberry & Pecan Sourdough – perfect served with a cheese board or simply toasted for breakfast.
Come and make your own on Full Day Making Sourdough Saturday 9th September, 10am – 4pm
Great Taste Award – Number 3
Finally, as we predicted back in March, this is the year for our Apricot Couronne as an Advent Wreath at Christmas and a crown for both Easter and the Coronation, it’s just too tempting to have it available all year through!
Join us online to make your own with Making Apricot Advent Wreath (Virtual) Monday 4th December, 6-8pm
We have ordered a stash of stickers to proudly place on each of these products as we sell them from our Micro Bakery over the coming weeks and months.
Thanks for your ongoing support and feedback on all that we do…
Coming up at Hen Corner:
- Tuesday 15th August Where Does My Food Come From?
- Wednesday 16th August Introduction To Making Cheese
- Thursday 17th August Pasta Together
- Wednesday 23rd August Urban Hens – Keeping Chickens In London
- Wednesday 30th August Introduction To Pickles & Preserves
- Friday 8th September Introduction To Making Bread
- Saturday 9th September Full Day Making Sourdough
- Wednesday 13th September Baker’s Dozen – Batches Of Bakes
- We’ve harvested another batch of honey from the garden – this year could be our best yet!
- We had a great time travelling around the RHS Flower Shows with our book – it was great to meet so many lovely people
- Our Become A Bread Angel – Start Your Own Micro Bakery course starts again in September and is nearly full – get in touch if this is something that you are thinking about
Jobs for the week:
- Introduce some families to the hives on Bees for Children
- Boil up the windfall apples for more Apple & Chilli Jelly
- Muck out the chickens – well it’s got to be done!
We are really enjoying our events promoting Living the Good Life in the City here’s the programme so far, come and say hello if you can…
September, 1st-3rd BBC Gardeners’ World Autumn Fair
September, 6th-13th Chiswick Book Festival
October, 1st Chiswick Flower Market
November, 8th-11th Country Living Christmas Fair – London
November, 16th-19th Country Living Christmas Fair – Glasgow
November, 30th-December 3rd Country Living Christmas Fair – Harrogate
Whether you are home or away, have a lovely summer and we hope to see you soon at a course, event or online!