Urban Hens – Keeping Chickens in London
A summer’s evening in the kitchen garden…
You will be welcomed with home made refreshments and introduced to the joys of keeping chickens!
We’ve been keeping hens, pure breeds, hybrids and bantams, here in London, since 2007 and currently have Pure Breed hens in an Eglu Cube (mark 1), Hybrid hens in the new Eglu Cube and Bantams in an Eglu Classic…
We are pleased to bring you this London chicken keeping course.
Our time together will include:
- Equipment required for keeping chickens
- Different breeds available
- The needs of the chickens, and their daily, weekly and monthly care.
- The opportunity to handle a hen
- Questions over tea and cake
- Each guest goes home with course notes and a goodie bag
For more information on keeping chickens in London, you may enjoy our series of films:
‘Just spent a lovely and informative evening with Sara learning how to look after chickens in my London garden. It was great to get some hands on experience of handling hens and the food and drink provided was very welcome too. I am looking forward to having the fresh eggs in the goody bag for breakfast tomorrow’
DATES IN 2020
Wednesdays: 3rd June,
22nd July, 9th September
6.30pm – 8.30pm
WHEELCHAIR ACCESS DOG FRIENDLY