We’re out and about…
As the clocks fall forward, the evenings draw in and we chop wood in preparation for cosy nights in front of the fire, I’m sure I’m not the only one that’s wondering what the next couple of months will bring and how we can hold on to traditions as we continue to navigate current challenges.
I really do find these events the most perfect way to start preparing for the festive season, with great gifts, fantastic food, creative crafting and superb shopping.
Each day, for the London Fair (10th -14th November), I’ll be demonstrating our Apricot Advent Wreath in the Country Living Christmas Kitchen Theatre and upcycling my old jam jars to make Frosted Christmas Lanterns in the Christmas Theatre.
Then later in the month, I’m popping up North for the Harrogate Fair (25th – 28th November) and will be demonstrating our Apricot & Rum Christmas Pudding that won a Great Taste Award last year.
Win Free Tickets!
We’ve been given *Ten Pairs of Free Tickets* for our blog subscribers, so if you fancy a pair, please subscribe (bottom of page) and leave a comment on this post telling us why you want to come by next Tuesday (2nd Nov) and I’ll draw for the free tickets on Wednesday 3rd November and notify winners by email.
If you are not successful in winning a pair of free tickets, use discount code CLSTAGE30 for a 30% discount.
If you, or your friends, have a few hens pottering about, you will know that one of the most important tasks each day is ensuring that they have enough fresh water to drink. Not only do they need it to stay hydrated, but to help regulate their temperature and as a key component in the lovely eggs that they lay. Well, Christmas could be coming early to you!
Courses coming up
- Sourdough Stages (online) Mon 1st Nov
- Introduction to Sausage Making Wed 3rd Nov
- Stir Up Sunday Sun 21st Nov
- Christmas Puddings (online) Mon 29th Nov
- Christmas Wreaths (in person) Christmas Wreaths (online) Wed 1st Dec
- Apricot Advent Wreaths (online) Mon 6th Dec
- Christmas Food Gifts (Make A Hamper) Tues 7th Dec
- Special Stollen (online) Mon 13th Dec
- Christmas Baking Wed 15th Dec
- We had a fabulous Corporate Team Day last week
- Our Brentford honey picked up another award at this year’s National Honey Show
- It has been a pleasure to train 4 more new Bread Angels
Jobs for the week:
- Collect 4 new hens from Charlotte’s Chickens as ours aren’t laying so much in the winter
- Order some lovely free range pork from Hammonds for our Introduction to Sausage Making course
- Prepare for a year two class visit from a local school
Have a good week now!