Sourdough Stages (Virtual)
*Virtual Course via Zoom*
Pop on your pinny and roll up your sleeves, this special course has been designed to help develop your artisan culinary skills as we get busy with the wild yeasts, creating beautiful sourdough bread, from our London kitchen…
Sara Ward trained as a Bread Angel with Jane Mason of Virtuous Bread back in 2015 and has more recently completed a Five Day Intensive Bread course and further Croissant & Viennoiserie training with Richard Bertinet at his Cookery School in Bath.
- Ingredients & equipment info will be sent ahead by email with the Zoom link
- Grab yourself a coffee as Sara Ward introduces you to Hen Corner
- Recipes, recording of Zoom and opportunity for support by email will be provided after the session
- 20% off future face-to-face courses at Hen Corner
We are pleased to bring you this online Sourdough bread making course.
- Introduction to Sourdough bread
- Understanding the key ingredients
- Demonstration of the key stages in making Sourdough bread:
-Working the dough
-Shaping the dough
-Baking the dough
- Making our classic sourdough dough together**
- Follow up tasks for a fabulous loaf
**Please note that as making Sourdough bread is a 24 hour process, we will be demonstrating the stages and supporting you to create a loaf that you can bake the following day.
***To participate in this course fully, please start to make a Sourdough Ferment, using these instructions, the week before the session.
‘Thank you Sara for such a great 2 hours on Zoom… It was so useful being to ask loads of questions and benefit from your extensive experience. Excellent results! Everyone should do courses like this regardless of their experience as there is always something new to learn.’
DATES IN 2021
Monday 7th June: 5-7pm