“When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford.”*
I received a Tweet recently that said that they loved all that we are doing, guessing we were tucked away in the countryside, then on realising that we were here in the city of London thought it all the more awesome! I guess that most of the stuff we tell you about is based on country skills and experience, so here’s a post dedicated to our beloved London.
Coming up at the Corner
If you’d like to visit us here in London, we have courses running right throughout the year with three places left on Saturday 28th February for Families, Feathers and Fun. March then welcomes the builders to create a fantastic new kitchen that will facilitate a wide range of sessions exploring artisan cooking skills and we are back outside with the chickens in April, kindly promoted by Country Living Magazine.
- We’ve been confirming our talks and cookery demonstrations for the Country Living Spring Fair next month
- After checking the bees – one colony looks stronger than ever, but one seems weak and vulnerable – I hope they make it through…
- The Horniman Museum have asked to bring our hens along to a Chirpy Chickens event – come and say hello in the Easter holidays!
Jobs for this week:
- Meet the other Bee Keepers at Kew Gardens and start planning for the season ahead
- Give the fruit trees a nice Winter Wash to keep them in a tip-top condition
- Gather the ideas from RAW Unlimited and plan the new website with our designer
Join us on the Journey!