‘A Time For Giving’ – Yes, I have got Cliff Richard singing in my head…
As we approach the end of the year, it’s a great opportunity to take stock, give thanks and plan to give gifts to both those we hold dear and those less fortunate than ourselves.
Back in February, initially as a Real Bread Week promotion, we started baking loaves to donate to Hounslow FoodBox, then due to requests from our Bakery customers, we started to offer Sponsor a Loaf to add to our weekly bakes.
I’m delighted to say that by the end of this year, I will have baked over 600 loaves that have been delivered whilst still warm to Hounslow FoodBox.
Giving a gift:
It’s great to give gifts as a symbol of love and appreciation, and rather than scratching our heads deciding between socks or soaps, why not choose an experience or a special foodie treat?
Give yourself a treat:
We’ve been running Christmas Wreath courses since 2014 and have enjoyed supporting guests as they lovingly create truly unique masterpieces. This year, there are more opportunities than ever to wind a wreath with us!
We provide all the equipment, resources, demonstration and supervision for you to create the perfect adornment for your front door throughout the festive season, so check your diary, grab some friends and book your tickets!
Christmas Wreaths with Hen Corner (in date order):
Wednesday 1st December, 5-7pm Online/Virtual Book by 24th Nov for kit delivery
Thursday 2nd December, 7.30-9.30pm at Spire Cafe, Brentford
Saturday 4th December, 1-3.30pm at Hen Corner
Sunday 5th December, 1-2.30pm at Chiswick Flower Market
Give yourself a break:
Rather than steaming yourself up in the kitchen preparing for the big feast, don’t forget that our Christmas Puddings won a Great Taste Award last year…
As always I’m so thankful to my husband Andy for all his support and to my customers and course guests that have kept my business alive, especially throughout this second year of Covid.
I’m thankful to the team at Pimpernel Press who believe in our mission to bring country and city life together and have asked me to write a book.
Finally, I’m thankful to you, our readers, for joining us on the journey…
Come and join us on our Christmas Courses:
- Stir Up Sunday Sun 21st Nov
- Christmas Puddings (online) Mon 29th Nov
- Christmas Wreaths (online) Wed 1st Dec Book by 24th Nov for kit delivery
- Christmas Wreaths (in person) Sat 4th Dec
- Apricot Advent Wreaths (online) Mon 6th Dec
- Christmas Food Gifts (Make A Hamper) Tues 7th Dec
- Special Stollen (online) Mon 13th Dec
- Christmas Baking Wed 15th Dec
- I’ve signed a book deal with Pimpernel Press – Watch out for ‘Living The Good Life in the City’
- It was great to be back at the Country Living Christmas Fair last week
- We’ve worked with a couple of Schools, both me visiting with hens and welcoming students here.
Jobs for the week:
- We’re running staff training days for the team at Omlet – letting them see their products in action
- Stir up our Christmas Puddings
- Pop up to Harrogate for the next Country Living Christmas Fair (25th -28th Nov)
Have a good week now!