There’s always a few people that sigh when Christmas is mentioned before December, but I’m a firm believer in getting ready, planning and preparing so that when we light the advent candle we open the door to a whole month of celebrating.
As always, we have a lovely selection of Christmas Courses which can become part of your preparation or simply enjoyed as a well earned treat. Whilst some are fully booked, we still have spaces for Stir Up Sunday (24th Nov), Make a Hamper Day (28th Nov) and Christmas Wreaths (Wed 4th Dec).
Country Living Magazine Christmas Fair – Free Tickets!
It’s always a privilege to work with our friends at Country Living Magazine, especially since becoming a columnist earlier this year. This year’s Christmas Fair is 13th-17th November (London), 21st-24th November (Glasgow) and 5th-9th December (Harrogate).
We have TEN PAIRS of FREE tickets exclusively for subscribers to Hen Corner. If you’d like a pair, just subscribe (top right or below post) and let us know why you’d like to come to the fair in the comments below. If there are more requests than tickets available, we will draw for tickets on Thursday 7th November and will contact winners by email. If you miss out on the free tickets, get 25% off booking online (standard adult tickets only) with code CLXHENCORNER25
If you are starting to make lists for Christmas gifts, many have found that experiences make memories that last a forever, and learning a new skill can change your life! My husband and I regularly buy each other courses as a gift, this year alone we’ve enjoyed Leathercraft, Silversmithing and need to book in that Falconry Day!
Here at Hen Corner, next years courses are all published and open for bookings, Gift Vouchers can also be ordered online or created personally by arrangement. Get ahead with your planning and you’ll thank me for it!
- One of our bantam hens had a nasty ‘women’s problem’ but we successfully treated her and she’s back to full health
- We’ve dug out our old lavender hedge and plan to plant a new one after the bed has been nurtured with chicken manure compost over the winter
- We are launching our first ‘All inclusive Hen Corner Holiday’ in South West France… Make sure you subscribe to discover all the details
Jobs for the week:
- Order in some free range pork as we are making Simply Sausages for Bonfire Night
- Make my ‘Here’s one I made earlier’ for the Country Living Kitchen
- Welcome another local school to explore what food we can produce in London
Keep warm and we hope to see you over the coming weeks,