‘But if there aren’t lots of bees then there won’t be any honey.’ *
It would be a pleasure to welcome you to one of our courses that we have running right throughout the year. The next couple of weeks brings Full Day Bee Keeping, Urban Hens – Keeping Chickens in London and Scones and Jam.
As we enter the school summer holidays, we have a wide range of family courses all aimed at helping us understand more of where our food comes from.
Alternatively, if you are interested in a private event for you and your friends, or a team meeting for your work colleagues. Do contact us for more information.
- After 4 hours of hard work, I created a net cage and covered our almond tree which is usually robbed by cheeky squirrels. Our bees have pollinated each nut and growing our own reduces our dependence on the Californian nuts relying on truckloads of transported bees
- We’ve put another row of supers on the bee hive – this is where they store the honey for us
- Our kitchen has finally been finished!!!! This has been a long process, but we are very pleased with the end result.
Jobs for this week:
- Check on the bees at Kew Gardens, each colony should have a new queen by now
- Contact local schools to book in sessions for September
- Prepare an order of home-grown food for a pop up restaurant that loves to serve local produce
Join us on the Journey!