What a wonderful way to celebrate our 11th birthday – being able to welcome guests back for in-person/face-to-face courses!
We have really valued the support of all our customers, especially over these last 12 months.
Thanks to those faithfully collecting bread from the bakery each week or buying honey to help with hayfever, huge appreciation to those who have been joining us in small groups (subject to regulations) for our courses here at Hen Corner and finally, a big shout out to the whole new community of guests that have been joining us on our online/virtual courses, logging in from all over the world and in many cases coming back week after week to learn new skills.
It’s been so encouraging that we’ve been able to continue producing food for our local community, both customers and Hounslow Community FoodBox, our local Food Bank, as well as encouraging others to develop their own food production skills and getting a taste of the country life, whilst many are living in towns and cities.
Over the last year, we trained Nine New Bread Angels, began transforming a derelict plot into a bountiful allotment (check out my old gardening clothes in the picture above!) and still found time for me to discover the joys of Open Water Swimming.
So another year on, with more experience, more passion and more skills to pass on, we can’t wait for you to join us!
- All of our courses are now open for bookings, we are following government guidelines, see our COVID-19 Risk Assessment
- We have welcomed two new chickens to the flock here, bringing our total number up to 23!
- Our bees are loving the sunshine, hopefully we’ll be able to split one colony soon and take some down to the allotment
Jobs for the week:
- Continue potting on our seedlings and hardening them off outside
- Catch up with our new Bread Angels for an online Bake Along
- Get down the pub, now it’s open, to raise a glass for Hen Corner’s birthday!
Have a great week and enjoy the sunshine!