‘Don’t just count your years, make your years count.‘* *George Meredith
‘I need a logo for the chutneys that I’m making as Christmas presents’ I said back in December 2009…
We have been delighted to work with several new schools this year, either taking our chickens into the classroom or welcoming groups to visit our home, we’ve even taken a small flock of hens on the road to the Horniman Museum and Gardens for their Chirpy Chickens event at Easter.
Coming up at the Corner – 20% off all courses booked by end of April
If you’d like to visit us here in London, we have courses running right throughout the year. Next month brings Intro to Bee Keeping, Bread: Sweet and Savoury, Perfect Pasta and a new course, A Day at Hen Corner. We have many more courses available, both in the garden and the kitchen, and the promotional code SPRING15 will give you 20% off all bookings before the end of April – Book in now to save some pennies…
- Andy has designed some fantastic cloches to protect the raised bed from the chickens when they are out free ranging
- We’ve been having the outside of the house painted as well as our kitchen & conservatory projects – all nice for our visitors
- Eggs galore! We’ve got more than we can eat, so do pop by if you are local – £2/half-dozen
Jobs for this week:
- Keep an eye on Bunty, I hope that she’s careful with those fertile eggs
- Water some Nemaslug into the raised beds, this should significantly reduce our slug population!
- Prepare the garden to welcome course guests, a schools visit and a group of local cub scouts
Join us on the Journey!