Please note: Cutest pictures are further down the page…!
As Aesop wisely said, ‘Do not count your chickens before they are hatched’
You never can tell which are fertile, which will survive the 21 day incubation period and then how many are girls, who stay, and boys who go.
So how many chickens can we count?
Coming up at the Corner – Half Term Specials!
We would love to welcome you to one of our courses that we have running right throughout the year. The next few weeks brings Intro to Bee Keeping, Urban Hens – Keeping Chickens in London and a new course, Bread: Sweet & Savoury. During Half Term, 25th – 29th May, we have all-age courses with Family Feathers and Fun! on Tuesday and Pizza Together on Thursday. I’m sure that Bunty will be proudly displaying her new chicks as a special treat to all our Half Term visitors.
- Our bees are doing well and seem to have accepted their nice gentle queen
- We’ve had several school groups come to visit the baby chicks
- The planting out has begun in the kitchen garden with crops neatly protected under net cloches
Jobs for this week:
- Keep topping up the food and water for the chicks
- Welcome Martin, our documentary photography student, to take pictures of our hive inspections
- Look forward to our Half Term specials!
Join us on the Journey!